Scroll down for Q & A
For travel information
Please contact Idit
905 660 0860
Toll free: 1 800 789 7117 ext. 733
The Offices of Aufgang Travel, Suite 204
- Meeting and assistance on arrival and departure at Ben-Gurion Airport
- Arrival and departure transfer
- Licensed English-speaking tour guide through the entire tour from Oct. 11-24, 2018
- Luxury air conditioned transportation for touring and airport group transfers including transportation to evening activities and dinners where mentioned + include free WIFI
- 11 nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy:
- Israeli buffet breakfast every day plus 10 lunches, 8 dinners.
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Water on the bus throughout the tour (3 bottles per person per day)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- International flights
- Departure taxes, fuel surcharge and airport improvement fees (subject to change due to fluctuation of gas prices)
- Insurance: cancellation and health – premium is non-refundable
- Lunches and dinners not mentioned
- Early check in before 14:00. Late check out after 11:00.
- Soft and alcoholic beverages
- Entrances and services not mentioned
- Transfers and assistance other than with the group
- Expenses of a personal nature, E. & O.E.
WHAT IS THE COST?
The land price of the tour is $4925.00 US per person based on a minimum of 10 participants. There is a single supplement of $1350 US. The price includes just about everything but a few meals.
What precautions are taken for security issues?
Your safety always comes first. The travel operator in Israel, which is on 24-hour call, will keep us abreast if there are any security issues. Should there be a need to alter a route or delay a visit somewhere, that will be decided at the time.
What do you mean by “secular and non-denominational”?
Although there will be opportunities to interact with Israeli women from many different religious and ethnic backgrounds, there is no specific religious focus. We will visit some holy sites such as Via Dolorosa and the Western Wall. Travel and activities continue on every day of the week. This tour is aimed at women travelers of any background who are looking for an exciting adventure to share with like-minded women.
What if I don’t know anyone going?
No problem! Everyone feels comfortable. This is a great opportunity to get to know a new group of women. If you would like to be partnered with another woman to share a room, we will do our best to help.
Can I extend my trip either before or after the tour
Absolutely. Speak to Idit at Aufgang Travel and she will help you with arrangements. Some people choose to extend their stay in Israel, usually at no additional charge for the flight. Arriving in Israel before the tour allows one a chance to overcome jet-lag.
What do I pack?
As of November 2011, you may check only 1 suitcase when you fly overseas but you won’t need too much if you pack clothing you can layer. It’s a good rule to bring only what you can carry. Dress in Israel is casual. At times you may need to cover your arms so a light shawl is an easy solution. Check the long-range weather forecast and don’t forget your bathing suit and sun hat!
Will there be free time?
There will be some free time to relax, shop or visit. After the day tour to Petra, there will be a day for relaxation in Eilat. You can spend the day at the pool or on the beach. And, Eilat is a tax-free zone so you can shop ’til you drop!
Who will accompany the tour?
The tour leader will be flying to Israel with the group and will always be with the tour. There will also be a licensed tour guide and bus driver.
Will there be added expenses while touring?
The cost of the tour is expected to cover almost all expenses including tipping. Breakfast is included every day. Lunch and/or dinner is included every day. Some meals will be your own choice, at your own expense. Of course, any purchases of a personal nature such as gifts will be personal expenses. Ben Gurion Airport has great Duty Free shopping!
Can I use my own cell phone?
Your phone carrier may have a travel package. If your phone is unlocked, you can buy or rent a sim card. Renting a phone is also an option. All our hotels and many, many places in Israel have WiFi. You can use your phone as your camera and check your email while you’re in the hotel. Hotel safes are large enough to hold an iPad so if you bring a tablet, you don’t have to carry it around all the time.
What if I want to book my own flight on points?
“Land only” price is available. Speak to Idit about coordinating arrivals and about flying from cities other than Toronto.
Idit can also arrange seat upgrades for those who wish them. There is a Premium Economy upgrade available as well as Business.